Overthrow of a Houthi march south of Marib, and the government pledges to fight terrorism
Thursday – 11 Shawwal 1443 AH – 12 May 2022 AD Issue No. [
Al-Shuaibi sits next to the Yemeni PM during the first official appearance in his new post the day before yesterday (Saba)
Aden: Ali Rabie
As the Presidential Leadership Council in Yemen continues its efforts to consolidate its new powers, the Council has decided to choose veteran figure, Yahya Muhammad Al-Shuaibi, as Director of the Office of the Presidency of the Republic; His first appearance in the new post came during Council President Rashad Al-Alimi’s meeting with UN envoy Hans Grundberg.
Al-Shuaibi was the ambassador to Germany, and had previously held ministerial posts in previous governments. He also held my positions: Governor of Aden and Mayor of the capital, Sana’a, in addition to his academic and administrative career at Sana’a University.
It came at a time when Houthi militias continue to violate the UN armistice, according to daily reports released by the Yemeni military; Yesterday (Wednesday), it was reported that a militia drone was shot down on the southern front of Ma’rib governorate.
According to the latest update of Houthi violations, the Yemeni army reported that the militias had committed 89 armistice violations last Monday on various combat fronts; It was distributed among 26 breaches in the axes of Al-Barah west of Taiz and Hais south of Hodeidah, 23 breaches on the fronts of Hajjah governorate, 15 breaches in the north, west and south of Ma’rib, 14 breaches in the Taiz axis, 10 breaches on the Al-Jawf fronts and a breach on the Malahit front southwest of Saada.
Truce violations by the Houthis ranged from infiltration attempts by Houthi armed groups to sites on the Al-Ayrif front south of Marib, to two infiltration attempts to sites west of Hajjah and to an infiltration attempt south of Al-Jarrahi in Hodeidah. the Yemeni army, all these attempts failed in their first moments. These developments, which came with the efforts of the UN envoy to consolidate the armistice, which entered its sixth week, were accompanied by the affirmation by the Yemeni government of its continued confrontation with the terrorist groups, according to what was indicated in the statements of the two ministers: Foreign Affairs Ahmed Awad bin Mubarak and Interior Ibrahim Haidan.
Official sources quoted that Foreign Minister Ahmed Awad bin Mubarak, during his participation in the ministerial meeting of the international coalition against the Islamic State, which was held in the Moroccan city of Marrakech, reviewed the efforts of the Yemeni government to confront terrorist organizations and groups. and the urgent needs of the organizations concerned in the field of capacity building Training and qualification.
Bin Mubarak affirmed the continued commitment of the Republic of Yemen, represented by the Presidential Leadership Council, and its commitment to working with the international community to fight terrorism. He spoke of the suffering of his country because of terrorist organizations, such as the Islamic State, “Al-Qaeda” and the Houthi militia, and the cooperation that binds these organizations in terms of coordination, financing and armament.
For his part, Yemeni Interior Minister Ibrahim Haidan attacked Iran and its military proxies in the Arab region, including the Houthis and Hezbollah, and said they posed a serious threat to Arab national security. .
Haidan’s statements were received during his speech at the high-level international conference on combating terrorism and promoting human rights, organized by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union Affairs and Cooperation, and the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office in Spain. city of Málaga.
The Yemeni interior minister said his country “lives in the face of political variables, which can lead to a phase of peace and the end of the war, if the Houthis consent and abandon intransigence and receive instructions that come to them from countries that do not want the best for Yemen”, in reference to Iran.
Haidan reviewed the flagrant attacks carried out by the Houthi militia since 2014, including the killing, destruction, displacement, burning and bombing of homes and places of worship, in addition to threatening international security and peace and the economy. world, targeting international shipping lanes by planting mines in the Red Sea and attacking international ships and tankers.
He said the Houthis’ violations included targeting oil installations with missiles and drones in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, as well as the militias’ alliance with Al-Qaeda and the release of its members. prisons to carry out terrorist operations. against citizens and state institutions in the liberated areas, which resulted in the death of many innocent citizens.
The Yemeni interior minister spoke of human rights violations by the Houthis, pushing young people to recruit and engaging them in senseless battles, in addition to violating and restricting freedoms and imprisoning journalists, dissidents and opinion leaders, and to place all their opponents human shields during military confrontations, as well as the imprisonment of dissident women.
Haidan praised all the humanitarian efforts of the coalition in favor of legitimacy, the United Nations and humanitarian organizations, to expose the lies and allegations of Al-Houthi and his slogan based on death, and to try to perpetuate this false slogan that contradicts the essence of humanity.
The Yemeni minister also reviewed the efforts of the Yemeni government in the field of counter-terrorism from the very beginning, and said that it was “a clear proof of the government’s determination to eliminate terrorism. , its sources and its organizational elements”.
Haidan called on “the international community to stand firmly against all terrorist organizations, including the Houthi group, so that the world is stable and people are safe and live in security and peace”, as he said. said.
Conflict in Yemen